суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

chinatown busses




Itapos;s been a few days since Iapos;ve been online and yes, I am blogging from Changi General Hospital.

I just want to say a big thanks you to all those who have messaged me, spoke to me, prayed for me and stood by me as I tackle this niggling injury. As those already visited would have known, I have been through some really dark and rough times and I am glad to say itapos;s behind me already.

There are positives to take out of this stay here in hospital although itapos;s really not the ideal destination to be when school is reopening next week.

Firstly, I repaired a few relationships that I have neglected over the past few months / years. There are a few people whom I really didnapos;t had a heart to heart talk over the few years and this time it made me realise just how far apart I grown with some of my family members. So, now that I have been hospitalised and all, I reconnected with a few relatives over the days. And itapos;s especially so with Nick, because although we bump into each other here and there, we donapos;t really talk in depth and thatapos;s sad because we used to be best buddies in primary school.

Secondly, staying here makes you appreciate life. Looking around me, I am by far the youngest and healthiest person around. Watching the 2 old men opposite me suffer with breathing and eating difficulties, it really made me feel that I have really taken for granted the basic functions of human life. It makes you pity them, feel for them and really just wish that somehow they wouldnapos;t suffer.

Thirdly, for the wonderful friends that have sent messages of hope, courage and encouragement. I must admit, there were a number of messages that made me tear because it really touched me. No matter what you guys messaged, I appreciate it big time.

Lastly, I think itapos;s time I went back and heal my relationship with God. Itapos;s now. Not later, not tomorrow but now. Nick said that Man at most desperate times will alwyas turn to God because there is nothing else to turn to already. And heapos;s right. But I ainapos;t going to do it for the wrong reasons.

----------------------------------------------------

I cling on to a hope, a dream and much more everynight as I fall asleep. (Actually the correct term is try and fall asleep).

Besides prayers, all I ever wish for is to walk out of CGH unsupported and on two good legs. Health will be the main focus but there is a burning desire left uncompleted. As of now, I am on MPFCapos;s long term injury list. But hell no am I calling time on a short career with them. Neither am I giving up the dream to captain Temasek Polyapos;s Law course in the competition Miss Yu was talking about. That will be a most perfect swansong to Poly life and the dark times that I have fought.

I am dreaming again. But while dreams may seem distant, there is a chance it will come true as long as you have a little faith in God and yourself. Right now, walking may seem to be a dream too wild. But I know that one year on, I will be dreaming of walking the team out and fighting for glory on the field again.

Itapos;s exciting and thrilling for such a dream and I am ready to live it when I am healed. I can picture myself scoring the goal and then falling to the floor, sobbing in tears as I finally made a dream come true. As I sob, I know that itapos;s Godapos;s gift to me to use that legs again. And even if I donapos;t score, I will give thanks at the end of the match for just being able to appear in a team again. The days of playing football will be emotionally charged, so I wonapos;t gurantee any reactions Thatapos;s what comforts me at night when I have problems falling sleep.

The thought of being the tenacious striker or centre back everyone knew before I got injured.

And right now, all I got to do is one very simple thing.

Have a little faith.

I will live that dream. No, itapos;s not a dream. Itapos;s an obsession, a lustful desire and a beautiful yearning.

Something worth dying for, personally.

I will see you guys soon, hopefully.

To Law classmates, I will miss you guys for first week of school, so just stay as noisy as you can until I resume normal service.

To the BOH (Bros-Over-Holes) at MPFC, see you guys soon because I will really badly miss the EPL�watching tonight with you nuts.

To the old classmates, see you guys soon outside of CGH and in better spirits and places of dining.

Lastly, to the family I will see you guys real soon when I am well.

Just pray for me, guys.

Well, I guess thatapos;s Part 1 of the hospital life that I have been experiencing.
chinatown busses, chinatown busses to philadelphia, chinatown ca, chinatown cafe.



Комментариев нет: